Unbelieveable that referee Pete Morelli missed the Troy Polamalu interception last weekend. If Ace Ventura was working the game, he wouldn't have missed it. So what else did we miss from the game? After watching the game again, I found some things that no one mentioned.
- Ben Roethlisberger, sporting an Obi Wan Kenobi ike beard, speaking to Yoda on the sidelines about using the force to make that tackle
- Jerome Bettis, eating an order of bloomin onions on the sidelines. Greasy fingers were the reason he fumbled the ball.
- Ryan Leaf was seen sitting in the stand holding a Peyton Manning playoff voo-doo doll.
- It wasn't Mike Vanderjagt, who kicked the field goal. It was Ray Finkle, the doomed kicker from "Ace Ventura Pet Detective". Laces weren't out is what we imagine he'll be saying in ten years. Plus he'll blame the missed kick on Peyton and dress up as a woman. Would we be shocked? Nah.
- Bill Polian was over heard saying "break that mother f-ing idiot kicker's leg" after the missed field goal. (If a guy wishes Doug Flutie's leg to be broken for throwing a pass in garbage time, then Mike's legs are going to be shattered).
- Peyton Manning chanting "D-Caf!" during the first quarter when his defense gave up 14 points.
- Referee Pete Morelli was watching previews for "Brokeback Mountain" in the replay monitor.
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From What Else You May Have Missed in the Colts Game to NFL Archives | Sports Blog | College Football Archives | MLB Archives | NBA Archives | NCAA Basketball Archives | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives | Other Archives |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.