Here is a weekly update of my top five teams that have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Definitely in particular order
1) Indianapolis Colts - Clearly at the top. Only undefeated team left. Domainated the Patriots at Foxboro. Offense is effecient. Can run the ball or throw the ball. They have the experience as a team that has played together for awhile. Hasn't really beat any good teams so far. All teams played some far have a combined winning percentage of 30%.
2) Denver Broncos - Jake Plummer is earning his money this year. Even some talk of MVP. Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson give them a running game that can run all day long.
3) Pittsburgh Steelers - On of the best road teams in the NFL. Winning games with defense, special teams, and on offense. Had a shaky game against the hapless Ravens two weeks ago so they still have some work to do. Big Ben must stay healthy for the postseason for them to have any chance.
4) Carolina Panthers - Finally a NFC team. On a five game winning streak right now. Steve Smith is having a MVP type year. A team playing with alot of confidence now.
5) Atlanta Falcons - Yes they have Michael Vick but the passing game needs to improve. He did show he can throw the ball last week but they need to stay consistent. If he can pass the ball to go along with his scrambling ability and their running game they will be tough to stop on offense.
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From The Road to the Super Bowl XL Champion to NFL Archives | Sports Blog | College Football Archives | MLB Archives | NBA Archives | NCAA Basketball Archives | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives | Other Archives |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.