1) Indianapolis Colts - Were you expecting anyone else? What I'm impressed by is that they can play any type of game. A shootout against the Bengals. Or a 10-3 win against the Jaguars earlier in the season. The core of the team has played together so long that they make it seem so easy out there. Toughest test for them will be Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Dieg0, and Seattle. Don Shula has already said this team has a chance to be undefeated in the regular season.
2) Denver Broncos - Jake the Snake for MVP? The same guy who once threw a pass left handed for a interception? It's true. He has not thrown an interception in the last eight games. Could get all games at home in the playoffs until the AFC Championship game against Indianapolis. Don't worry it's cool to pee in your pants Denver!
3) Seattle Seahawks - They have Shaun Alexander carrying this team. When they lose a lead or need a big play he keeps coming through with big runs. But beating San Francisco by only two points scares me as much as heights.
4) NY Giants - I had to pick only one of the NFC East teams. I just can't pick a team to be in the Super Bowl that's led by Drew Bledsoe. The only problem is the Giants have their next four out of six games on the road. Yikes!
5) Carolina Panthers - Hold on a minute and let me explain. Okay they got embarassed by the Bears last week and scored only three points. But that was on the road in cold weather. Up till then they were the hottest team in the NFC. Still feel the Panthers are the better team. I like their post season experience. Their three toughest upcoming games are at home against Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Dallas.
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
From The Road to the Super Bowl XL Champions to NFL Archives | Sports Blog | College Football Archives | MLB Archives | NBA Archives | NCAA Basketball Archives | Soccer Archives | Olympics Archives | Stupid Athletes Archives | Other Archives |
[?] Subscribe To|
We are always very interested in reader comments about the site -- especially ideas about how to improve it.